The award-winning Get Set for School® curriculum uses lively music and playful activities to teach number concepts, geometry, sequencing, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, and concepts about print.
The Get Set for School Pre-K Readiness & Writing Workshop is an introductory level class.
The K-5 Handwriting Workshop provides dynamic instruction in the teaching methodology from kindergarten through cursive. Includes an introduction to the developmental progression of written production skills, from handwriting to keyboarding!
The K-5 Handwriting Workshop is an intermediate level class.
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
- Plan your instruction based on developmental stages for writing readiness and to foster important social-emotional skills in a developmentally appropriate way
- Use hands-on, multisensory activities to teach size, shape, and position concepts for pre-writing and sensory motor skills
- Use multisensory activities and music to teach pre-writing, sensory motor, and coloring skills, while building habits for letter and number formation and lowercase letter recognition
- Use My First School Book to help children progress from tracing their letters and numbers to writing their names
3.5 Contact Hours
$120 in Free Materials:
- Transition to Kindergarten Activity Set
- Readiness & Writing Pre-K Teacher's Guide
- Roll-A-Dough Letters®
- Stamp and See Screen®
- Mat for Wood Pieces
- Wood Pieces Set for Capital Letters
- Slate Chalkboard
- Access to Get Set for School music
- Canvas Bag
- Implement, teach, and remediate handwriting using effective, step-by-step lesson plans that incorporate active teaching, multisensory strategies, and differentiated instruction
- Promote independent writing skills beyond handwriting workbook instruction
- Use the Handwriting Without Tears unique instructional approach, stages of learning, and our two handwriting assessments (the Screener of Handwriting Proficiency and The Print Tool®)
- Navigate the Handwriting Without Tears digital teaching technology and hands-on resources to facilitate engaging lessons
6.5 Contact Hours
$1,700 in Free Materials:
- Kick Start Kindergarten
- Letters and Numbers For Me
- My Printing Book
- Printing Power
- Cursive Kickoff
- Cursive Handwriting
- Cursive Success
- Can-Do Cursive
- HITT (Handwriting Interactive Teaching Tool™) (TK and K-4 versions)
- Building Writers (K-5)
- Blackboard with Double Lines
- Access to Handwriting Without Tears music resources
|8:00 a.m.||Registration: Coffee and pastries|
|Get Set for School: The importance of a hands-on multisensory readiness curriculum to prepare children for school success|
|Pre-K Readiness: Social skills and the developmental stages of writing, hand skills, and crayon grip|
|Drawing: Mat Man®, shapes, music, and demonstration|
|Alphabet Knowledge: Hands-on materials, My First School Book, capital and lowercase letter recognition|
|Colors and Coloring: Crayon skills, developmental progression from scribbling to coloring and drawing|
|Pre-Writing: Wood Piece Play for capitals, multisensory activities for capitals|
|Writing: Developmental teaching order, trace capital letters, write names, number skills, and formation|
|Review and Resources: Review what you have learned, check readiness, additional resources for continued learning|
Location & LodgingCrowne Plaza Philadelphia-Valley Forge
260 Mall Blvd
King Of Prussia, PA 19406
**Learning Without Tears does not reserve a block of overnight rooms**
DirectionsThe Crowne Plaza Valley Forge is located directly across from the King of Prussia Mall. The hotel's address is 260 Mall Boulevard, King of Prussia, PA 19406.
From Philadelphia Airport: Take 1-95 South to 1-476 North. Take 1-476 North to 1-76 West to Mall Blvd Exit. Make left onto Mall Blvd. Hotel is a half mile on the left.
From PA Turnpike: Take Exit 326, stay right lane. Proceed to Valley Forge Park Exit 327, merge right onto North Gulph Road. Proceed to Goddard Blvd, make a right. Proceed to Mall Blvd, make a left, hotel is half mile on the left.
From Downtown Philadelphia: Take 1-76 West to Mall Blvd Exit. Make a left onto Mall Blvd, hotel is half mile on left.
Parking: Call the workshop venue for more information regarding parking availability and fees.
DiningStirling's Restaurant – on-site
Maggiano's Little Italy - 205 Mall Blvd
Seasons - 52160 N Gulph Rd, 610.992.1152
Rock Bottom - 1001 King of Prussia Plaza, 610.230.2739
Bahama Breeze - 320 Goddard Blvd, 610.491.9822
The Melting Pot - 150 Allendale Rd, 610.265.7195
Sullivan's Steakhouse - 700 W Dekalb Pike, 610.878.9025
California Pizza Kitchen - 470 Mall Blvd, 610.337.1500
The Capital Grille - 236 Mall Blvd, 610.265.1415
The Cheesecake Factory - 640 W Dekalb Pike
Register online and provide us with your email address and we will email you a confirmation and receipt when we process your registration. We will then email you workshop details 10 days prior to the workshop date. If you do not have access to an email account, we will mail you your receipt and workshop details 10 days prior to the workshop date.
We accept school purchase orders via mail and fax. Download Registration Form
If you have any special requests (preferred area, handicap access needs, etc.) please call our office (402.492.2766) to discuss these requests.
While we make every effort to conduct professional learning events on the dates and locations advertised, they are subject to change without prior notice. Learning Without Tears reserves the right to change or cancel a professional learning event due to low enrollment or factors beyond our control. We will attempt to notify registrants to limit customer inconvenience, but we are not liable for any expenses incurred.
Learning Without Tears reserve the right to use all media from this workshop (photos, videos, etc.) in print and online advertising. Please notify us in writing if you do not wish to be included. You must be 18 years or older to attend our professional workshops. Children and infants may not be brought to workshops.
You may cancel up to ten days prior for a $35 cancellation fee.
Email a Workshop Coordinator