The award-winning Get Set for School® curriculum uses lively music and playful activities to teach number concepts, geometry, sequencing, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, and concepts about print.
The Get Set for School Pre-K Readiness & Writing Workshop is an introductory level class.
The K-5 Handwriting Workshop provides dynamic instruction in the teaching methodology from kindergarten through cursive. Includes an introduction to the developmental progression of written production skills, from handwriting to keyboarding!
The K-5 Handwriting Workshop is an intermediate level class.
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
- Plan your instruction based on developmental stages for writing readiness and to foster important social-emotional skills in a developmentally appropriate way
- Use hands-on, multisensory activities to teach size, shape, and position concepts for pre-writing and sensory motor skills
- Use multisensory activities and music to teach pre-writing, sensory motor, and coloring skills, while building habits for letter and number formation and lowercase letter recognition
- Use My First School Book to help children progress from tracing their letters and numbers to writing their names
3.5 Contact Hours
$120 in Free Materials:
- Transition to Kindergarten Activity Set
- Readiness & Writing Pre-K Teacher's Guide
- Roll-A-Dough Letters®
- Stamp and See Screen®
- Mat for Wood Pieces
- Wood Pieces Set for Capital Letters
- Slate Chalkboard
- Access to Get Set for School music
- Canvas Bag
- Implement, teach, and remediate handwriting using effective, step-by-step lesson plans that incorporate active teaching, multisensory strategies, and differentiated instruction
- Promote independent writing skills beyond handwriting workbook instruction
- Use the Handwriting Without Tears unique instructional approach, stages of learning, and our two handwriting assessments (the Screener of Handwriting Proficiency and The Print Tool®)
- Navigate the Handwriting Without Tears digital teaching technology and hands-on resources to facilitate engaging lessons
6.5 Contact Hours
$1,700 in Free Materials:
- Kick Start Kindergarten
- Letters and Numbers For Me
- My Printing Book
- Printing Power
- Cursive Kickoff
- Cursive Handwriting
- Cursive Success
- Can-Do Cursive
- HITT (Handwriting Interactive Teaching Tool™) (TK and K-4 versions)
- Building Writers (K-5)
- Blackboard with Double Lines
- Access to Handwriting Without Tears music resources
|8:00 a.m.||Registration: Coffee and pastries|
|Get Set for School: The importance of a hands-on multisensory readiness curriculum to prepare children for school success|
|Pre-K Readiness: Social skills and the developmental stages of writing, hand skills, and crayon grip|
|Drawing: Mat Man®, shapes, music, and demonstration|
|Alphabet Knowledge: Hands-on materials, My First School Book, capital and lowercase letter recognition|
|Colors and Coloring: Crayon skills, developmental progression from scribbling to coloring and drawing|
|Pre-Writing: Wood Piece Play for capitals, multisensory activities for capitals|
|Writing: Developmental teaching order, trace capital letters, write names, number skills, and formation|
|Review and Resources: Review what you have learned, check readiness, additional resources for continued learning|
Location & LodgingRenaissance Battle House Mobile
26 North Royal St
Mobile, AL 36602
**Learning Without Tears does not reserve a block of overnight rooms**
DirectionsFrom MOB Airport: From Mobile Airport make left out of airport (East) onto Airport Blvd. To I-65 South to I-10 East (to Florida). Go I-10 East to Water Street Exit 26B. Turn slight left onto South Water Street. Turn left onto Dauphin St. Turn right onto Royal St. Hotel will be on your right.
From PNS Airport: Start out going Northwest on Airport Blvd. toward College Blvd which is about 1.1 miles, turn left on North 9th Avenue which is County Road 289, turn right onto Bayou Blvd/Fl 296 continue to follow Fl-296, then merge on I-110 North/Fl-8A North,Merge onto I-1- West via the exit on the left toward Mobile which is 52 miles, then take the Water Street Exit-Exit 26-B toward Downtown, turn slight left onto South Water Street. Turn left onto Dauphin St. Turn right onto Royal St. Hotel will be on the right.
Parking: Call the workshop venue for more information regarding parking availability and fees.
DiningJoe Cain Cafe (onsite - lunch, dinner)
Panini Pete's – 102 Dauphin St, 251.405.0031 – 0.1 mi
Moe's Original BBQ – 701 Spring Hill Ave, 251.410.7427 – 0.8 mi
The Royal Scam – 72 S Royal St, 251.432.7226 – 0.1 mi
Serda's Coffee Company – 3 S. Royal St, 251.451.3000 – 0.1 mi
Wintzell's Oyster House – 605 Dauphin St, 251.432.4605 – 0.6 mi
LoDa Bier Garten – 251 Dauphin St, 251.287.6871 – 0.3 mi
Register online and provide us with your email address and we will email you a confirmation and receipt when we process your registration. We will then email you workshop details 10 days prior to the workshop date. If you do not have access to an email account, we will mail you your receipt and workshop details 10 days prior to the workshop date.
We accept school purchase orders via mail and fax. Download Registration Form
If you have any special requests (preferred area, handicap access needs, etc.) please call our office (402.492.2766) to discuss these requests.
While we make every effort to conduct professional learning events on the dates and locations advertised, they are subject to change without prior notice. Learning Without Tears reserves the right to change or cancel a professional learning event due to low enrollment or factors beyond our control. We will attempt to notify registrants to limit customer inconvenience, but we are not liable for any expenses incurred.
Learning Without Tears reserve the right to use all media from this workshop (photos, videos, etc.) in print and online advertising. Please notify us in writing if you do not wish to be included. You must be 18 years or older to attend our professional workshops. Children and infants may not be brought to workshops.
You may cancel up to ten days prior for a $35 cancellation fee.
Email a Workshop Coordinator