This virtual workshop will introduce you to our comprehensive, easy-to-use print curriculum that uses engaging multisensory techniques and research-based methods to make handwriting a natural and automatic skill for children of all ages and abilities. You will learn about the physical approach to handwriting, including grip. We will introduce our teaching order, why we use double lines and how you can integrate the Handwriting Interactive Teaching Tool to plan and implement your lessons.
This is a virtual, instructor-led workshop. Use your own laptop or desktop to participate in this online workshop through the internet. Note: For your best training experience, we prefer you participate using a laptop or desktop as mobile devices do not support the breakout rooms that are held throughout the training.
This is an intermediate level workshop.
Use promo code PD202175 and save $75 (expires 12.31.21). Not valid on workshops under $130. Cannot be combined with other promo codes.
Interested in attending a combination of virtual workshops?
$150 off for 2 workshops. Use promo code WS22021
$300 off for 3+ workshops. Use promo code WS32021
Combination rate is for one person. Restrictions may apply, not valid on all workshops
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
WORKSHOP SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
(It is HIGHLY recommended that you test your device prior to joining the workshop.)
- Test ON24.
Conduct an ON24 system test.
- If you have issues joining the webinar, review the Webinar Help Guide.
- The login link will be sent via email, the day prior to the workshop. Log in to the ON24 link at least 15 minutes prior to start time to test the workshop link and your audio connection.
All times listed are Eastern.
- September 28 at 6:00 p.m.
- October 7 at 11:00 a.m.
- October 11 at 6:00 p.m.
- October 23 at 2:00 p.m.
- October 26 at 9:00 p.m.
- November 4 at 2:00 p.m.
- November 10 at 9:00 p.m.
- November 16 at 11:00 a.m.
- November 22 at 6:00 p.m.
- December 1 at 11:00 a.m.
- December 9 at 6:00 p.m.
- December 14 at 2:00 p.m.
Length of session: 2 ½ hours
- Design your instruction based on the importance of implementing the handwriting process and physical approach to building the skill of print handwriting in students.
- Identify and apply a multisensory, child-friendly teaching order to teach capital letters, number, and lowercase letters.
- Differentiate how double lines lead to student writing success and learn 2 simple teaching tips to help students write on any type of lined paper.
- Examine and plan how to integrate the Handwriting Interactive Teaching Tools with your students to enhance and support your lessons.
- Analyze 3 engaging ways to build student sentence skills and how to incorporate writing activities and Building Writing into your daily instruction.
- Apply at least two additional resources to support your year-long handwriting instruction, including the Screener of Handwriting Proficiency.
2.5 Contact Hours
Please note: Register two weeks prior to the workshop to ensure delivery before the workshop. The materials will be shipped directly to you. We cannot ship to PO Boxes. If you are an international registrant (outside US and Canada), please reach out to us at email@example.com to review your options as additional shipping rates will apply.
Materials subject to change without notice.
- Letters and Numbers For Me
- My Printing Book
- Printing Power
- Blackboard with Double Lines
- Individual Student Manipulative Pack
- Virtual PD Hub Membership