This interactive two-part virtual workshop covers best-practices in early childhood kindergarten readiness and how to implement our new Get Set for School complete Pre-K curriculum. Our Pre-K curriculum suits a wide range of children and adapts to their changing needs as they grow. You will leave this virtual workshop with hands-on materials and research-based instructional strategies that encourages active, joyful play while inspiring child creativity and building strong readiness skills across all learning areas.
We will introduce the structure and lesson plans of the Teacher's Guide and how to Integrate the Pre-K Interactive Teaching Tool to support Lessons. You will also learn new readiness activities to incorporate through all learning areas. Lastly, you will discover hands-on ways to teach letter sounds, alphabet knowledge, and comprehension.
We will focus on introducing techniques, such as music and digital animation to teach crayon grip, hands-on letter play, and letter skills. You will also discover math manipulatives designed to boost number sense, geometry skills, patterns and algebra. Lastly, you will discover activities to boost oral language, and vocabulary skills.
This is a virtual, instructor-led workshop. Use your own laptop or desktop to participate in this online workshop through the internet.
Register online with promo code WEB2020 to save $20!
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. To receive AOTA credit, you must attend the full training (Sessions 1 and 2).
WORKSHOP SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
(It is HIGHLY recommended that you test your device prior to joining the workshop.)
- Test ON24.
Conduct an ON24 system test.
- If you have issues joining the webinar, review the Webinar Help Guide.
- The login link will be sent on the day of the workshop. Log in to the ON24 link at least 15 minutes prior to start time to test the workshop link and your audio connection.
- August 11 at 6:00 p.m.
- August 13 at 2:00 p.m.
- August 17 at 2:00 p.m.
- August 21 at 2:00 p.m.
- August 24 at 11:00 a.m.
- August 27 at 6:00 p.m.
- September 1 at 2:00 p.m.
- September 9 at 6:00 p.m.
- September 11 at 2:00 p.m.
- September 17 at 11:00 a.m.
- September 21 at 2:00 p.m.
- September 26 at 11:00 a.m.
- September 29 at 11:00 a.m.
- More dates
- August 12 at 11:00 a.m.
- August 14 at 11:00 a.m.
- August 17 at 6:00 p.m.
- August 22 at 11:00 a.m.
- August 25 at 11:00 a.m.
- August 28 at 2:00 p.m.
- September 1 at 6:00 p.m.
- September 10 at 11:00 a.m.
- September 14 at 11:00 a.m.
- September 19 at 2:00 p.m.
- September 21 at 6:00 p.m.
- September 23 at 11:00 a.m.
- September 30 at 2:00 p.m.
- More dates
Length of sessions: 2 ½ hours each
- Recognize the pedagogical approach and daily lesson structure included in the Teacher’s Guide
- Learn how to integrate the Pre-K Interactive Teaching Tool with your students to enhance and support your lessons
- Understand the importance of multisensory, readiness activities and identify developmentally appropriate ways to introduce Wood Pieces Set for Capital Letters and Mat Man
- Experience hands-on materials that teach letter sounds, alphabet knowledge, comprehension, and social-emotional skills
- Learn age-appropriate ways to teach crayon grip and a developmental approach to grow coloring skills
- Understand the importance of the child-friendly progression from letter play, to tracing capitals, to introducing lowercase letters and name writing in title case.
- Experience hands-on materials that teach number sense, geometry skills, patterns, algebra, and social-emotional skills
- Discover ways to boost oral language, vocabulary and literacy skills
Please note: Register two weeks prior to the workshop to ensure delivery before the workshop. The materials will be shipped directly to you. We cannot ship to PO Boxes. If you are an international registrant (outside US and Canada), please reach out to us at email@example.com to review your options as additional shipping rates will apply.
Materials subject to change without notice.
- My First Book Set
(includes My First School Book + My First Lowercase Book)
- Mat for Wood Pieces
- Wood Pieces Set for Capital Letters
- Slate Chalkboard
- Canvas Bag
- 1-2-3 Touch & Flip® Cards
- Virtual PD Hub Membership
- Pre-K Interactive Teaching Tool (60 day all access)