This interactive two-part virtual workshop covers best-practices in early childhood kindergarten readiness and how to implement our new Get Set for School complete Pre-K curriculum. Our Pre-K curriculum suits a wide range of children and adapts to their changing needs as they grow. You will leave this virtual workshop with hands-on materials and research-based instructional strategies that encourages active, joyful play while inspiring child creativity and building strong readiness skills across all learning areas.**This workshop will focus on the complete GSS curriculum including: Language & Literacy, Readiness & Writing, Numbers & Math and Science & Social Studies**
We will introduce the structure and lesson plans of the Teacher's Guide and how to Integrate the Pre-K Interactive Teaching Tool to support Lessons. You will also learn new readiness activities to incorporate through all learning areas. Lastly, you will discover hands-on ways to teach letter sounds, alphabet knowledge, and comprehension.
We will focus on introducing techniques, such as music and digital animation to teach crayon grip, hands-on letter play, and letter skills. You will also discover math manipulatives designed to boost number sense, geometry skills, patterns and algebra. Lastly, you will discover activities to boost oral language, and vocabulary skills.
This is a virtual, instructor-led workshop. Use your own laptop or desktop to participate in this online workshop through the internet.
Use promo code PD202175 and save $75 (expires 12.31.21). Not valid on workshops under $130. Cannot be combined with other promo codes.
Interested in attending a combination of virtual workshops?
$150 off for 2 workshops. Use promo code WS22021
$300 off for 3+ workshops. Use promo code WS32021
Combination rate is for one person. Restrictions may apply, not valid on all workshops
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. To receive AOTA credit, you must attend the full training (Sessions 1 and 2).
WORKSHOP SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
(It is HIGHLY recommended that you test your device prior to joining the workshop.)
- Test ON24.
Conduct an ON24 system test.
- If you have issues joining the webinar, review the Webinar Help Guide.
- The login link will be sent via email, the day prior to the workshop. Log in to the ON24 link at least 15 minutes prior to start time to test the workshop link and your audio connection.
- June 29 at 6:00 p.m.
- July 8 at 2:00 p.m.
- July 12 at 6:00 p.m.
- July 24 at 11:00 a.m.
- July 27 at 8:00 p.m.
- August 7 at 11:00 a.m.
- August 11 at 6:00 p.m.
- August 18 at 2:00 p.m.
- August 23 at 11:00 a.m.
- September 8 at 6:00 p.m.
- September 18 at 11:00 a.m.
- September 21 at 8:00 p.m.
- September 30 at 2:00 p.m.
- June 23 at 11:00 a.m.
- June 30 at 8:00 p.m.
- July 8 at 6:00 p.m.
- July 16 at 11:00 a.m.
- July 24 at 2:00 p.m.
- July 28 at 8:00 p.m.
- August 7 at 2:00 p.m.
- August 12 at 8:00 p.m.
- August 18 at 6:00 p.m.
- August 27 at 11:00 a.m.
- September 9 at 6:00 p.m.
- September 18 at 2:00 p.m.
- September 22 at 8:00 p.m.
- September 30 at 6:00 p.m.
Length of sessions: 2 ½ hours each
- Recognize the pedagogical approach and daily lesson structure included in the Teacher’s Guide
- Learn how to integrate the Pre-K Interactive Teaching Tool with your students to enhance and support your lessons
- Understand the importance of multisensory, readiness activities and identify developmentally appropriate ways to introduce Wood Pieces Set for Capital Letters and Mat Man
- Experience hands-on materials that teach letter sounds, alphabet knowledge, comprehension, and social-emotional skills
- Learn age-appropriate ways to teach crayon grip and a developmental approach to grow coloring skills
- Understand the importance of the child-friendly progression from letter play, to tracing capitals, to introducing lowercase letters and name writing in title case.
- Experience hands-on materials that teach number sense, geometry skills, patterns, algebra, and social-emotional skills
- Discover ways to boost oral language, vocabulary and literacy skills
Please note: Register two weeks prior to the workshop to ensure delivery before the workshop. The materials will be shipped directly to you. We cannot ship to PO Boxes. If you are an international registrant (outside US and Canada), please reach out to us at email@example.com to review your options as additional shipping rates will apply.
Materials subject to change without notice.
- My First Book Set
(includes My First School Book + My First Lowercase Book)
- Mat for Wood Pieces
- Wood Pieces Set for Capital Letters
- Slate Chalkboard
- Canvas Bag
- 1-2-3 Touch & Flip® Cards
- Virtual PD Hub Membership