Join us to learn all about Keyboarding Without Tears®! This 2.5 hour online workshop will teach you how to easily weave keyboarding into your K–5 day. You'll leave with a library of award-winning teaching strategies to help your students succeed with today's computer-based assignments and testing.
This is a virtual, instructor-led workshop. Use your own laptop or desktop to participate in this online workshop through the internet.
This is an intermediate level workshop.
WORKSHOP SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
(It is HIGHLY recommended that you test your device prior to joining the workshop.)
- Test WebEx.
Join a Test Meeting. http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/
- Test your speakers.
Make sure your computer speakers are working.
- The day of the workshop, log in to the WebEx at least 15 minutes prior to start time to test the workshop link and your audio connection.
- Learn the developmental progression of keyboarding skills to ensure elementary student success
- Review student lessons and learn how to add them into your teaching and computer-based testing prep
- Maximize educator resources to foster success: lesson previews, reports, and digital citizenship lessons
- Use student progress reports to help students meet grade-level benchmarks
- Understand and share research and standards to support keyboarding and academic success
- Keyboarding Without Tears®
(1 student license for each grade, K–5)
|10:45 a.m. EDT||Log in to the WebEx link sent in your confirmation email|
|11:00 a.m. EDT||Production of Writing: Research and standards supporting strong keyboarding and handwriting foundational skills|
|Comparison of Handwriting and Keyboarding: Similarities, differences, and developmental progression of both|
|Keyboarding: Actively teach features of the keyboard as well as technology foundational skills, and typing skills|
Instruction: Review keyboarding lesson previews for planning instruction
|Digital Citizenship: Learn how to teach children about digital information, protection, behavior, and communication|
|Resources: Remediation Tips, School-to-Home Connections, additional resources for continued learning|
|1:30 p.m. EDT||Adjourn: Certificate of Attendance for 2.5 Contact Hours|