Discover proven and engaging multisensory strategies to foster readiness and writing skills. During this virtual workshop, you will experience how to use music, hands-on manipulatives, and technology to help children develop emergent writing. Learn strategies for teaching grip, alphabet knowledge and coloring skills in preparation for writing letters, numbers and their names.
**The workshop will focus on developmentally appropriate practice with the Get Set for School Readiness & Writing program! Readiness & Writing is part of the GSS complete Curriculum.**
This is a virtual, instructor-led workshop. Use your own laptop or desktop to participate in this online workshop through the internet.
Use promo code PD202175 and save $75 (expires 12.31.21). Not valid on workshops under $130. Cannot be combined with other promo codes.
Interested in attending a combination of virtual workshops?
$150 off for 2 workshops. Use promo code WS22021
$300 off for 3+ workshops. Use promo code WS32021
Combination rate is for one person. Restrictions may apply, not valid on all workshops
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
WORKSHOP SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
(It is HIGHLY recommended that you test your device prior to joining the workshop.)
- Test ON24.
Conduct an ON24 system test.
- If you have issues joining the webinar, review the Webinar Help Guide.
- The login link will be sent via email, the day prior to the workshop. Log in to the ON24 link at least 15 minutes prior to start time to test the workshop link and your audio connection.
Length of session: 2 hours
- Plan your instruction based on developmental stages for readiness that will foster important sensory motor and social-emotional skills.
- Identify playful ways to teach fine motor skills and grip using music and tools for little hands
- Experience our step-by-step approach to effectively teach coloring skills
- Use purposeful hands-on, multisensory manipulatives, music and digital learning to teach size, shape, position in space, and alphabet knowledge to support emergent writing skill development.
- Navigate the Pre-K Interactive Teaching Tool (PREKITT) to plan and facilitate student interaction.
- Use purposefully designed materials to help children progress from coloring, tracing letters & numbers to writing their names
Please note: Register two weeks prior to the workshop to ensure delivery before the workshop. The materials will be shipped directly to you. We cannot ship to PO Boxes. If you are an international registrant (outside US and Canada), please reach out to us at email@example.com to review your options as additional shipping rates will apply.
Materials subject to change without notice.
- My First Book Set
(includes My First School Book + My First Lowercase Book)
- Mat for Wood Pieces
- Wood Pieces Set for Capital Letters
- Slate Chalkboard
- Canvas Bag
- Virtual PD Hub Membership