Discover proven and engaging multisensory strategies to foster readiness and writing skills. During this virtual workshop, you will experience how to use music, hands-on manipulatives, and technology to help children develop emergent writing. Learn strategies for teaching grip, alphabet knowledge and coloring skills in preparation for writing letters, numbers and their names.
This is a virtual, instructor-led workshop. Use your own laptop or desktop to participate in this online workshop through the internet.
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
AOTA approval pending for this training WORKSHOP SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
(It is HIGHLY recommended that you test your device prior to joining the workshop.)
Conduct an ON24 system test.
WORKSHOP SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Length of session: 2 hours
- Plan your instruction based on developmental stages for readiness that will foster important sensory motor and social-emotional skills.
- Identify playful ways to teach fine motor skills and grip using music and tools for little hands
- Experience our step-by-step approach to effectively teach coloring skills
- Use purposeful hands-on, multisensory manipulatives, music and digital learning to teach size, shape, position in space, and alphabet knowledge to support emergent writing skill development.
- Navigate the Pre-K Interactive Teaching Tool (PREKITT) to plan and facilitate student interaction.
- Use purposefully designed materials to help children progress from coloring, tracing letters & numbers to writing their names
Please note: Register two weeks prior to the workshop to ensure delivery before the workshop. The materials will be shipped directly to you. We cannot ship to PO Boxes. If you are an international registrant (outside US and Canada), please reach out to us at email@example.com to review your options as additional shipping rates will apply.
Materials subject to change without notice.
- My First Book Set
(includes My First School Book + My First Lowercase Book)
- Mat for Wood Pieces
- Wood Pieces Set for Capital Letters
- Slate Chalkboard
- Canvas Bag
- Virtual PD Hub Membership
- Pre-K Readiness & Writing Interactive Teaching Tool (1 year license)