The Handwriting Assessment Workshop will provide all the training necessary for you to assess a range of developmental levels.
Please bring a small calculator to this workshop. Calculators on your phone are acceptable.
The Handwriting Assessment Workshop is an advanced level class.
- Recognize the developmental progression of assessing the skills of handwriting
- Administer the Pre-K Readiness & Writing Assessment and the Screener of Handwriting Proficiency for universal, whole class evaluation
- Describe 8 basic handwriting components essential to handwriting success
- Administer, score, and interpret The Print Tool for 1:1 evaluation
- Write parent-friendly reports, set goals, and document progress for evidence-based practice
- Discover remediation strategies to improve handwriting
- Identify the benefits and process of becoming a certified handwriting specialist
- The Print Tool Evaluation & Remediation Package
2 Refill Packages (If you register for the refills instead of The Print Tool, please remember to bring your Print Tool to the workshop.)
- Canvas Bag
Your Registration Includes:
7 Total Contact Hours $80 in Total Free Materials
|7:30 a.m.||Registration: Coffee and Danish|
|8:00 a.m.||Understanding Handwriting Curricula: Become a knowledgeable handwriting consumer. Compare handwriting curricula.|
|Pre-K Readiness & Writing Assessment and The Screener of Handwriting Proficiency: Understand a developmental approach to assessing handwriting skills. Identify handwriting components that define handwriting legibility. Use results to enhance handwriting lessons, remediate or administer further testing.|
|Preview The Print Tool: Learn about forms and materials. Develop a functional approach to understanding how and when to administer The Print Tool.|
Score The Print Tool: Utilize the Print Tool manual, Student Worksheets for Capitals/Numbers and Lowercase, Transparent Measuring Tool and Evaluation Scoresheet. Calculate scores.
|11:30 a.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|12:30 p.m.||Score The Print Tool: Continued|
Independent Case Study: Score Chandler
Q & A: Individual help during case study
|Break: Snack and beverage served|
More Than a Score! Handwriting Remediation:
Write reports. Use the Remediate Plan Worksheet to set goals, choose activities, and track progress.
|Information about HWT Level 1 Certification:
Benefits, eligibility, and requirements for becoming a certified handwriting specialist.
|Q & A|
|4:30 p.m.||Certificate of Attendance for 7 Contact Hours|