Discover five areas to focus on prior to beginning handwriting instruction with students in special education. This workshop will provide strategies, including boosting alphabet knowledge, tips for postural stability, ways to promote social and emotional, fine motor skills and visual motor integration which will enhance the foundational skills students need in order to write.
This is a virtual, instructor-led workshop. Use your own laptop or desktop to participate in this online workshop through the internet.
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
WORKSHOP SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
(It is HIGHLY recommended that you test your device prior to joining the workshop.)
- Test ON24.
Conduct an ON24 system test.
- If you have issues joining the webinar, review the Webinar Help Guide.
- The login link will be sent on the day of the workshop (approx. 2 hours prior to start time). Log in to the ON24 link at least 15 minutes prior to start time to test the workshop link and your audio connection.
Length of session: 1 hour
- Identify the importance of understanding what cognitive, physical, and social emotional skills are needed for handwriting readiness
- Demonstrate an understanding of what activities are used to prepare children to begin handwriting instruction
- Apply relevant educational goals related to these activities
1 Contact Hour
There are currently no materials included with this training.