Our comprehensive, easy-to-use curriculum uses engaging multisensory techniques and research-based methods to make handwriting a natural and automatic skill for children of all ages and abilities. We use a fun hands-on approach to develop good skills and teach correct letter formation.
The K-5 Handwriting Workshop provides dynamic instruction in the teaching methodology from kindergarten through cursive. Includes an introduction to the developmental progression of written production skills, from handwriting to keyboarding!
It is an intermediate level class.
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
- Implement, teach, and remediate handwriting using effective, step-by-step lesson plans that incorporate active teaching, multisensory strategies, and differentiated instruction
- Promote independent writing skills beyond handwriting workbook instruction
- Use the Handwriting Without Tears unique instructional approach and stages of learning, and be introduced to our two handwriting assessments (the NEW Screener of Handwriting Proficiency and The Print Tool®)
- Navigate the Handwriting Without Tears digital teaching technology and hands-on resources to facilitate engaging lessons
6.5 Contact Hours
Over $500 in Free Materials
Please note: Materials subject to change without notice.
- Letters and Numbers For Me
- My Printing Book
- Printing Power
- Cursive Handwriting
- Cursive Success
- Can-Do Cursive
- Blackboard with Double Lines
- Slate Chalkboard
- Canvas Bag
- Virtual PD Hub Membership
|8:30 a.m.||Getting Started – The Handwriting Process|
|Foundation Skills – Readiness, Posture/Paper/Pencil Grip|
|The Handwriting Interactive Teaching Tool (HITT)|
|Printing: Capitals and Lowercase letters, Numbers, and Words|
|Sentence Writing, Line Generalization|
|12:00–1:00 p.m.||Lunch – on your own|
|Writing Activities, Understanding a Writing Lesson, Remediation|
|Independent Writing Skills – Building Writers, scaffolding writing practice|
|Cursive Introduction, HWT style of cursive|
|Cursive Lowercase Letters and Connections, Review and Mastery, Cursive Capitals|
|Cursive Writing Activities, a Lifelong Skill|
|Resources: myLWT, The Screener of Handwriting Proficiency|
|4:30 p.m.||Adjourn: Certificates of Attendance for 6.5 Contact Hours
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc