During this engaging training, you will learn how to market and organize your summer handwriting camp for children with special needs. You will discover tips and strategies to incorporate into your sessions whether you plan to implement your camp online or in-person. You will walk away with an understanding of the importance of social emotional learning during your camps sessions. Additionally, we will discuss the importance of multisensory, movement, and fine motor activities to boost handwriting during the summer months. You will learn entertaining ways to make handwriting sessions fun over the summer for children of all ages with special needs. This workshop is intended for occupational therapists and special educators working with children in grades Pre-K-5th.
This is a virtual, instructor-led workshop. Use your own laptop or desktop to participate in this online workshop through the internet.
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
WORKSHOP SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
(It is HIGHLY recommended that you test your device prior to joining the workshop.)
- Test ON24.
Conduct an ON24 system test.
- If you have issues joining the webinar, review the Webinar Help Guide.
- The login link will be sent via email, the day prior to the workshop. Log in to the ON24 link at least 15 minutes prior to start time to test the workshop link and your audio connection.
Length of session: 1 hour
- Identify how to market, organize and structure a camp
- Apply gross motor, fine motor, visual motor and social emotional learning activities to establish a foundation prior to letter formation activities
- Use developmentally appropriate hands-on manipulatives to participate in letter building activities
- Discover how to use the Screener of Handwriting Proficiency to establish a baseline performance and track progress
1 Contact Hour
There are currently no materials included with this training.