The Handwriting Assessment Virtual Workshop will provide all the training necessary for you to assess a range of developmental levels.
Please have a small calculator for this workshop. Calculators on your phone are acceptable.
The Handwriting Assessment Virtual Workshop is an advanced level class.
Register online with promo code WEB2020 to save $20!
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
All times listed are Eastern.
- August 7 at 11:00 a.m.
- August 10 at 11:00 a.m.
- August 19 at 11:00 a.m.
- August 27 at 11:00 a.m.
- September 12 at 11:00 a.m.
- September 15 at 11:00 a.m.
- September 25 at 11:00 a.m.
- September 28 at 11:00 a.m.
- October 15 at 11:00 a.m.
- October 21 at 11:00 a.m.
- November 10 at 11:00 a.m.
- November 20 at 11:00 a.m.
- December 3 at 11:00 a.m.
- December 7 at 11:00 a.m.
- Administer and score the NEW Screener of Handwriting Proficiency and The Print Tool® and choose remediation materials and strategies based on results
- Describe the seven basic handwriting components essential to handwriting success
- Understand different handwriting curricula, discover new handwriting resources, and use The Print Tool with various populations
- Identify the benefits and process of becoming a certified handwriting specialist for evidence-based practice
5.5 Contact Hours
Please note: Materials are required to participate in this workshop. If you live within US or Canada register two weeks prior to the workshop to ensure delivery before the workshop. The materials will be shipped directly to you. We cannot ship to PO Boxes. If you are an international registrant (outside US and Canada), register four weeks prior to the workshop to ensure delivery before the workshop. A $30 shipping fee will be charged for all international customers. Import fees may apply; customer is responsible for any additional fees.
- The Print Tool Evaluation & Remediation Package
- Virtual PD Hub Membership
Understanding Handwriting Curricula: Become a knowledgeable handwriting consumer. Compare handwriting curricula.
The Screener of Handwriting Proficiency: Understand a developmental approach to assessing handwriting skills. Identify handwriting components that define handwriting legibility. Use results to enhance handwriting lessons, remediate or administer further testing.
Preview The Print Tool: Learn about forms and materials. Develop a functional approach to understanding how and when to administer the Print Tool.
Score The Print Tool: Utilize the Print Tool manual, Student Worksheets for Capitals/Numbers and Lowercase, Transparent Measuring Tool and Evaluation Scoresheet. Calculate scores.
Interpret The Print Tool: Review reports. Use the Remediate Plan Worksheet to understand how to set goals, choose activities and track progress.
Handwriting Remediation: Discover remediation strategies to support improvement in all handwriting components with all children.
Certification: Understand the benefits, eligibility, and requirements for becoming a certified handwriting specialist.
Questions & Answers
|Each hour of this virtual workshop, we will take a 5-minute break as well as a 30 minute lunch break.|