Effective Handwriting Practice should be Motivating, Multisensory, and Meaningful. This workshop will inspire you with practical handwriting strategies, activities, and suggested materials you can use with your students and share with families to promote learning at home. With these methods, you and your students' families will be empowered to help children become better prepared to write in all subjects at school. You will also learn how to assess the individual learning needs of your students and track progress. This workshop is intended for occupational therapists and special educators working with children in grades Pre-K-5th.
This is a virtual, instructor-led workshop. Use your own laptop or desktop to participate in this online workshop through the internet.
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
WORKSHOP SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
(It is HIGHLY recommended that you test your device prior to joining the workshop.)
- Test ON24.
Conduct an ON24 system test.
- If you have issues joining the webinar, review the Webinar Help Guide.
- The login link will be sent via email, the day prior to the workshop. Log in to the ON24 link at least 15 minutes prior to start time to test the workshop link and your audio connection.
Length of session: 1 hour
- Explain instructional and remediation methods for effective handwriting practice
- Learn the importance of multisensory instruction as a method to increase students' motivation and engagement during handwriting lessons.
- Identify practical activities students can engage in at home to support carryover of functional handwriting skills for academic success
1 Contact Hour
There are currently no materials included with this training.