This workshop is intended for occupational therapists and special education teachers who work with children of all ages who are functioning at the Pre-K to Kindergarten level with handwriting skills. This 60-minute learning experience is appropriate for those new to Handwriting Without Tears and those who are already using it or have attended other workshops. You will learn how to use and modify Handwriting Without Tears (HWT) materials and strategies to address the specific learning needs of your students as they work towards emergent writing skills. You will discover how to adapt activities to provide the just-right challenge for your students as well as ideas for enhancing the sensorimotor experience of the materials. The following Handwriting Without Tears materials will be featured: Wood Pieces, Blue Mat for Wood Pieces, Roll-A-Dough, Stamp and See Screen, Slate Chalkboard, Flip Crayons, Show Me Magnetic Letters, and Magnetic Blackboard and Lowercase Set. It is not necessary to have any materials to participate in the workshop. At the conclusion of this learning experience, you will receive a 15% discount to use in the LWT store
This is a virtual, instructor-led workshop. Use your own laptop or desktop to participate in this online workshop through the internet.
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
WORKSHOP SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
(It is HIGHLY recommended that you test your device prior to joining the workshop.)
- Test ON24.
Conduct an ON24 system test.
- If you have issues joining the webinar, review the Webinar Help Guide.
- The login link will be sent via email, the day prior to the workshop. Log in to the ON24 link at least 15 minutes prior to start time to test the workshop link and your audio connection.
Length of session: 1 hour
- Identify at least 3 readiness indicators to determine if your students are ready to learn letter formation.
- Learn ways to use and modify the HWT materials and strategies to teach writing readiness skills to children of all ages with various physical and learning challenges.
- Discover how to enhance the sensorimotor experience of pre-writing activities to promote multisensory instruction.
1 Contact Hour
There are currently no materials included with this training.