This half-day workshop will teach you how to easily weave keyboarding into your K-5 day. You'll leave with a library of award-winning teaching strategies to help your students succeed with today's computer-based assignments and testing.
This is an interactive Bring Your Own Laptop workshop; however, it is not a requirement.
This is an intermediate level workshop.
- Learn the developmental progression of keyboarding skills to ensure elementary student success
- Review student lessons and learn how to add them into your teaching and computer-based testing prep
- Maximize educator resources to foster success: lesson previews, reports, and digital citizenship lessons
- Use student progress reports to help students meet grade-level benchmarks
- Understand and share research and standards to support keyboarding and academic success
- Keyboarding Without Tears®
(2 student licenses for each grade, K–5)
|7:30 a.m.||Registration: Coffee and pastries|
|8:00 a.m.||Production of Writing: Research and standards supporting strong keyboarding and handwriting foundational skills|
|Comparison of Handwriting and Keyboarding: Similarities, differences, and developmental progression of both|
|Digital Citizenship: Learn how to teach children about digital information, protection, behavior, and communication|
|Foundational Skills: Experience multisensory teacher-led lessons that introduce the keyboard|
|Keyboarding: Actively teach features of the keyboard as well as technology foundational skills, and typing skills|
|Instruction: Review keyboarding lesson previews for planning instruction|
|Resources: Remediation Tips, School-to-Home Connections, additional resources for continued learning|
|12:30 p.m.||Adjourn: Certificate of Attendance for 4.5 Contact Hours|