The award-winning Get Set for School® Pre-K curriculum uses lively music and playful activities to help young children build a solid foundation for school success.
During this upbeat workshop, you will discover a readiness curriculum full of developmentally appropriate activities that teach children about letters, body awareness, numbers, sequencing, and sharing in a fun, engaging, and informal manner.
At the conclusion of this workshop, you will gain the knowledge and best-practices to implement the Readiness & Writing program in your environment.
How motivating will it be when your children acquire the writing readiness skills they need for kindergarten?
The K-5 Handwriting Workshop provides dynamic instruction in the teaching methodology from kindergarten through cursive. Includes an introduction to the developmental progression of written production skills, from handwriting to keyboarding!
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc
- Plan your instruction based on developmental stages for writing readiness and foster important social-emotional skills in a developmentally appropriate way
- Use hands-on, multisensory activities to teach size, shape, and position concepts for pre-writing and sensory motor skills
- Use multisensory activities and music to teach pre-writing, sensory motor, and coloring skills, while building habits for letter and number formation and lowercase letter recognition
- Navigate the Get Set For School digital teaching technology to facilitate engaging lessons
- Use My First School Book and My First Lowercase Book to help children progress from tracing their letters and numbers to writing their names
- Implement, teach, and remediate handwriting using effective, step-by-step lesson plans that incorporate active teaching, multisensory strategies, and differentiated instruction
- Promote independent writing skills beyond handwriting workbook instruction
- Use the Handwriting Without Tears unique instructional approach and stages of learning, and be introduced to our two handwriting assessments (the NEW Screener of Handwriting Proficiency and The Print Tool®)
- Navigate the Handwriting Without Tears digital teaching technology and hands-on resources to facilitate engaging lessons
10 Contact Hours
$1,500 in Free Materials
Please note: Materials subject to change without notice.
- My First Book Set
(includes My First School Book + My First Lowercase Book)
- Pre-KITT (Pre-K Interactive Teaching Tool for TGPKGSS-20)
- Mat for Wood Pieces
- Wood Pieces Set for Capital Letters
- Slate Chalkboard
- Letters and Numbers For Me
- My Printing Book
- Printing Power
- Cursive Handwriting
- Cursive Success
- Can-Do Cursive
- HITT (Handwriting Interactive Teaching Tool™) (K-4 versions)
- Blackboard with Double Lines
- Canvas Bag
- Virtual PD Hub Membership
|8:00 a.m.||Registration: Coffee and pastries|
|8:30 a.m.||Get Set for School: The importance of a hands-on multisensory readiness curriculum to prepare children for school success|
|Pre-K Readiness: Social skills and the developmental stages of writing, hand skills, and crayon grip|
|Drawing: Mat Man®, shapes, music, and demonstration|
|Alphabet Knowledge: Hands-on materials, capital and lowercase letter recognition|
|Colors and Coloring: Crayon skills, developmental progression from scribbling to coloring and drawing|
|Pre-Writing: Wood Piece Play for capitals, multisensory activities for letters and numbers|
|Writing: Developmental teaching order, trace capital letters, number skills, introduce lowercase letters, and write names|
|Review and Resources: Review what you have learned, informal assessment, digital teaching tools, additional resources for continued learning|