The purpose of this learning experience is to share how you can use a grade level Building Writer's book, reading book, and writing journal to use with your child over the summer to boost their drawing and writing skills in preparation for the upcoming school year. Exposing children to reading books and quality writing materials will help build a bridge for children to succeed in the fall. We will use videos, active demonstration and visuals to share how to make writing fun and engaging. We will discuss the different writing styles that children use and how reading, talking, and engaging in summer activities will inspire children to explore these different areas of writing using meaningful materials. This workshop is intended for families with children ranging from 5- 10 years of age.
This is a virtual, instructor-led workshop. Use your own laptop or desktop to participate in this online workshop through the internet.
WORKSHOP SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
(It is HIGHLY recommended that you test your device prior to joining the workshop.)
- Test ON24.
Conduct an ON24 system test.
- If you have issues joining the webinar, review the Webinar Help Guide.
- The login link will be sent via email, the day prior to the workshop. Log in to the ON24 link at least 15 minutes prior to start time to test the workshop link and your audio connection.
Length of session: 1 hour
- Enhance children's writing skills through purposeful (or intentional) reading.
- Encourage and support children's natural progression from drawing to creative writing.
- Encourage different writing styles using Building Writer's.
- Promote creativity and independent writing through using the writing journal and other supporting resources.
1 Contact Hour