Attend the two Pre-K workshops and the K-5 Handwriting Workshop in this combination. Registration includes hundreds of dollars worth of manipulatives and teaching tools!
The Get Set for School Pre-K Readiness & Writing Workshop is an introductory level class.
The K-5 Handwriting Workshop is an intermediate level class.
Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
- Plan your instruction based on developmental stages for writing readiness and to foster important social-emotional skills in a developmentally appropriate way
- Use hands-on, multisensory activities to teach size, shape, and position concepts for pre-writing and sensory motor skills
- Use multisensory activities and music to teach pre-writing, sensory motor, and coloring skills, while building habits for letter and number formation and lowercase letter recognition
- Use My First School Book and Kick Start Kindergarten to help children progress from tracing their letters and numbers to writing their names in title case, and becoming familiar with lowercase letters
3.5 Contact Hours
$145 in Free Materials:
- My First School Book
- Readiness & Writing Pre-K Teacher’s Guide
- Kick Start Kindergarten
- Kick Start Kindergarten Teacher’s Guide
- Roll-A-Dough Letters®
- Stamp and See Screen®
- Mat for Wood Pieces
- Wood Pieces Set for Capital Letters
- Slate Chalkboard
- Access to Get Set for School music
- Canvas Bag
- Implement effective, hands-on strategies that build early literacy and math concepts
- Bring language to life for children through proven developmentally appropriate activities
- Demonstrate developmentally appropriate activities for early number, shape, pattern, and math awareness
- Make language and math concepts fun and meaningful as you teach early math and language standards
3.5 Contact Hours
$110 in Free Materials:
- Language & Literacy Pre-K Teacher's Guide
- Numbers & Math Pre-K Teacher's Guide
- A-B-C Touch & Flip® Cards
- 1-2-3 Touch & Flip® Cards
- My Book
- I Know My Numbers
- Access to Get Set for School music resources
- Get Set for School tote
- Implement, teach, and remediate handwriting using effective, step-by-step lesson plans that incorporate active teaching, multisensory strategies, and differentiated instruction
- Promote independent writing skills beyond handwriting workbook instruction
- Use the Handwriting Without Tears unique instructional approach, stages of learning, and our two handwriting assessments (the Screener of Handwriting Proficiency and The Print Tool®)
- Navigate the Handwriting Without Tears digital teaching technology and hands-on resources to facilitate engaging lessons
6.5 Contact Hours
$1,500 in Free Materials:
- Kick Start Kindergarten
- Letters and Numbers For Me
- My Printing Book
- Printing Power Plus (Printing Power and Kick Start Cursive)
- Cursive Handwriting
- Cursive Success
- Can-Do Cursive
- HITT (Handwriting Interactive Teaching Tool™) (TK and K–4 versions)
- Building Writers (K–5)
- Blackboard with Double Lines
- Access to Handwriting Without Tears music resources
|8:00 a.m.||Registration: Coffee and pastries|
|Get Set for School: The importance of a hands-on multisensory readiness curriculum to prepare children for school success|
|Pre-K Readiness: Social skills and the developmental stages of writing, hand skills, and crayon grip|
|Drawing: Mat Man®, shapes, music, and demonstration|
|Alphabet Knowledge: Hands-on materials, My First School Book, capital and lowercase letter recognition|
|Colors and Coloring: Crayon skills, developmental progression from scribbling to coloring and drawing|
|Pre-Writing: Wood Piece Play for capitals, multisensory activities for capitals|
|Writing: Developmental teaching order, trace capital letters, write names, number skills, and formation|
|Review and Resources: Review what you have learned, check readiness, additional resources for continued learning|
|12:00 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|1:30 p.m.||Pre-K Discovery: The importance of self-directed discovery and explicit instruction and how they apply to playful learning|
|Developmental Scope and Sequence of Pre-K Math and Literacy: Developmental way of teaching to address different learning styles|
|Pre-K Number and Math Skills: Multisensory activities and materials to teach children number concepts, geometry, patterns/algebra, numbers and operations, data representation, problem solving, and measurement|
|Break: Snack and beverage served|
|Pre-K Language and Literacy Skills: Multisensory activities and materials that teach children alphabet knowledge, phonological awareness, comprehension, writing, and concepts about print|
|Apply What You've Learned: How to implement materials and strategies in your Pre-K environment|
Location & LodgingWyndham Atlanta Galleria
6345 Powers Ferry Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30339
**Learning Without Tears does not reserve a block of overnight rooms**
DirectionsFrom ATL: Head east on N Terminal Parkway. Merge onto I-85 N via the ramp to I-20/I-75N/Atlanta. Continue straight onto I-75N. Take exit 259A for Interstate 285 E toward Greenville/Augusta. Merge onto I-285E. Take exit 22 for Northside Drive toward New Northside Drive/Powers Ferry Rd. Turn right onto Northside Dr NW. Take the first left onto Powers Ferry Rd. Destination will be on the left.
Parking: Call the workshop venue for more information regarding parking availability and fees.
DiningChattahoochee Grille (on-site - breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Sushi Huku Japanese – 6300 Powers Ferry Rd NW, 770.956.9559 – 0.1 mi SE
McDonald's – 6360 Powers Ferry Rd NW, 770.955.1732 – 452 ft S
Waffle House – 5565 Northside Drive NW, 770.937.0506 – 270 ft SW
Subway – 6370 Powers Ferry Rd NW, 770.661.1341 – 0.2 mi NW
Blimpie – 6300 Powers Ferry Rd NW, 770.937.0100 – 0.2 mi SE
Taste of Atlanta – 6400 Powers Ferry Rd NW, 404.875.4434 – 0.1 mi S
Register online and provide us with your email address and we will email you a confirmation and receipt when we process your registration. We will then email you workshop details 10 days prior to the workshop date. If you do not have access to an email account, we will mail you your receipt and workshop details 10 days prior to the workshop date.
We accept school purchase orders via mail and fax. Download Registration Form
If you have any special requests (preferred area, handicap access needs, etc.) please call our office (402.492.2766) to discuss these requests.
While we make every effort to conduct professional learning events on the dates and locations advertised, they are subject to change without prior notice. Learning Without Tears reserves the right to change or cancel a professional learning event due to low enrollment or factors beyond our control. We will attempt to notify registrants to limit customer inconvenience, but we are not liable for any expenses incurred.
Learning Without Tears reserve the right to use all media from this workshop (photos, videos, etc.) in print and online advertising. Please notify us in writing if you do not wish to be included. You must be 18 years or older to attend our professional workshops. Children and infants may not be brought to workshops.
You may cancel up to ten days prior for a $35 cancellation fee.
Email a Workshop Coordinator